Anne's Performance Calendar:
March 2018 -
this year, Anne is not giving performances or workshops during the month of march.
April 11, 2018 - 1:30 pm storytelling performance for the active retirement association at The Community Church of Durham, 17 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824.
One 45 - 50 minute (+/-) performances of traditional Native American stories. Anne will share a few of her favorite Northeast Woodlands stories in a performance that includes an introduction with traditional song & drumming. After her storytelling performance, Anne will happily take questions from audience members if a discussion session is desired by the attendees.
April 19, 2018 - 7 pm storytelling performance at the leach library, 276 Mammoth Road, Londonderry, NH 03053
One 45 – 50 minute (+/-) storytelling performance of traditional Native American stories that is geared toward an adult audience. Anne will share a few of her favorite Northeast Woodlands stories, in a performance that includes traditional song & drumming. This event is free and open to the public.
May - Nov. 2018 -
Looking ahead - Anne Jennison taking part in Strawbery Banke Museum's 2018 season
- On Fridays (and perhaps some other days TBA) from May - November 2018, Anne will demonstrate Abenaki crafts such as birch bark container making, corn husk coiled basket making, sweetgrass basketry, cornhusk doll making, finger weaving, and more.
- Anne will also be telling the history of the Abenaki peoples who are the indigenous people Portsmouth, NH and the Piscataqua watershed area. An especially poignant story tells of a pivotal moment in New England Native American history: the signing of the 1713 Treaty of Portsmouth With the Eastern Indians that marked the end of Queen Anne's War and clearly indicated the direction of the future relationship between the English and the Native People of the Abenaki/Wabanki tribes of New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, and Eastern Canada.
- On these days, Anne may also be informally sharing Native American lesson stories with museum visitors at Strawbery Banke Museum in Portsmouth, NH from 10 am - 5 pm. Open to the public, there is an admission fee for the museum.
October 2018 -
Annual halloween Spooktacular Storytelling Even
- October 27, 2017 - Halloween Spooktacular Storytelling Event for children - in the Levenson Room at Portsmouth Public Library, Portsmouth, NH. This is a Seacoast Storytellers group performance. Anne will be telling one story as part of the public performance. This event is definitely kid-oriented, free, and open to the public!
November 2018 -
November 17, 2017 (Saturday) - Tellabration! An Evening of Storytelling for Grown-Ups!
- Anne will be taking part in the annual celebration of the spoken-word art of storytelling at a venue here in New Hampshire. Place and time TBA, but hold the date! Don't miss out on this one. It's a chance to experience the delightful, ancient craft of storytelling t- and it will warm your heart, make you laugh - OR possibly scare you to bits (depending on the stories being shared)! Appropriate for ages 6 to 106 (or older)!